The IKA AOD 1 decomposition system performs oxidative decompositions of solid and liquid organic samples under pressure in a closed system.
An absorption solution is placed in the digestion vessel, where the halogens (fluorine, chlorine, bromine and iodine) and sulphate are collected. A precise quantitative analysis of sulphur and halogens can be performed using ion chromatography, ISE, photometry or titration.
The vessels are made of a high alloyed steel, which is especially highly resistant against chlorine.
The decomposition vessels inner-walls have been treated in a way, so that a special self-regenerating catalytic surface is present, which provides exceptionally high recovery rates of 98-100% and typical decomposition times of 2 to 3 minutes.
Among others, the decomposition method is described in the following standards:
DIN 51727, DIN EN 14 582, EPA Method 5050, ASTM D808, ASTM E775, ASTM E776, ASTM D3761, ASTM D4208
The AOD 1 is used for oxidative decomposition of solid and liquid organic and partially inorganic samples under pressure in a closed system.
The system consists of:
AOD 1.1 Decomposition vessel, C 48 Oxygen station, AOD 1.2 External ignition unit, AOD 1.11 Control standard (50 ml)
In order to operate the decomposition system properly it is required to have a protective device in place in order to safely ignite the sample.
If such protective device is already in place, please add the accessory AOD 1.3 remote ignition head.
If no protective device is in place, our AOD 1.3 protective device could be chosen for example.
- Quantitative decomposition of all halogens, sulfur, as well as volatile metals, e.g. As and Hg
- Absorption of the combustion products in an aqueous medium
- Catalytic support of the oxidation process with auto-regenerating catalytic inner surface of the decomposition vessel
- Pressure vessel of high-grade stainless steel
- Decomposition temperature up to 1200 °C
- Max. operating pressure during decomposition 195 bar
- Decomposition time < 3 min
- The decomposition vessel can be changed over to use combustible crucibles C 14
- Control standards for Cl, S ( AOD 1.11)
- Introduction of the combustion gases into the absorption solution via venting station C 7030
Principle and function are based on the method of the combustion in the bomb calorimeter and validated according
Other relevant standards are for example:
- DIN / EN 14582, determination characteristics of waste, halogen and sulfur content
- DIN 51527, Testing of solid samples, determination of chlorine content
To control the degassing process of the combustion gases after the decomposition
Suitable for the C 7010 and C 7012 decomposition vessels
to control the degassing process of the combustion gases after the decomposition
Suitable for the C 5010 and C 5012 decomposition vessels
for a precise and reproducible oxygen filling of the decomposition vessels
C 7010 and C 7012
External ignition unit for decomposition vessel AOD 1.1 with 5 m ignition cable. Either it is required to use the AOD 1.3 Protection device, or if another suitable protection device is already in place, the AOD 1.13 Remote ignition head (additional cable length) of 1 m.